We will continue to update this page as information becomes available. Please check back frequently for new updates.
Please note, it is important to consult with your employer about specific prevention, containment,
and operational protocols. AANC is not a governing authority and no information provided should
be misconstrued as legal or operational advice.
Executive Order 147 Extends Phase 2
Under this new order the most relevant provisions are:
- Phase 2 is extended until 5:00 pm on July 17; and
- Face coverings will be required, subject to certain exceptions, in certain circumstances in the following businesses: retail, restaurants, personal care, child care and camps, state government, public or regulated private transportation (such as Uber), long term care and health care facilities, meat or poultry processing, and high density occupations of manufacturing, construction and agriculture.
The face coverings should not be required in an office setting such as a leasing office or corporate office under the current Executive Order. Additionally, under Chief Justice Beasley latest Emergency Directive Clerks can now schedule summary ejectment and eviction hearings within 30-days of filing. This directive will expire July 20th. The Chief Justice and her staff will review monthly to decide whether to renew. They will consult with the Clerks conference based on the status of their backlog at that time.
Call for Assistance to Keep Families at Home in a Time of COVID-19
Join the Apartment Association for North Carolina, NC Coalition to End Homelessness, NC Housing Coalition, and NC Justice Center in calling for the creation of a statewide emergency assistance program to support individuals and families who are struggling to pay rent and utilities to remain in their rental housing.
An Economic Crisis is Coming for NC Renters and Landlords
By Rick Glazier and Sherry Yarborough
(published 6/21/2020 in the Raleigh News and Observer and the Charlotte News & Observer)
It is becoming increasingly clear that far too many North Carolina families are at risk of displacement as a result of an inability to pay rent, without any means of assistance. Unless Gov. Roy Cooper, the General Assembly and local governments act in a concerted and coordinated way, housing providers and the residential tenants who rely on them will face dire economic circumstances that could jeopardize the stability of the rental housing supply in North Carolina. Continue reading…
AANC COVID-19 Summary Snapshot for May 2020
Here is a snapshot of the results from AANC’s Statewide COVID-19 survey. AANC surveyed a small sample of Property Managers to assess the needs in the multifamily industry in North Carolina. For additional information about the survey please contact Janae Moore.
MAY SUMMARY SNAPSHOT
THE LATEST FROM NAA
- June 24, 2020 Economic Impact Report
- June 18, 2020 Industry Survey Report
- Latest Recorded Webinar
- Trends in Resident Screening: Released July 1, 2020.
- Maintenance During... The Thing: Released June 22, 2020.
- Renters and the Pandemic: An Inside Look at the Resident Experience: Released June 12.
- State and Regulatory information for NC: Details here.
- Latest Media Coverage
- June 8 - Washington Post - What to expect as apartments reopen shared spaces
- June 4 - Forbes - Six Feet Of Separation: Apartment Communities Prepare For A Safe Reopening
- June 1 - Forbes - The End Of The Extra $600 Weekly Unemployment Benefits Threatens Rent Payments
- June 1 - CNBC - ‘There will be a crisis we can’t even imagine’ Why activists are pushing for rent forgiveness during the coronavirus pandemic
North Carolina Coronavirus Hotline: 866-462-3821 - or you can call 211.
Text information/updates are also available. To sign up, text COVIDNC to 898211.
- Assistance Resources: Provided by the NC DPS Division of Emergency Management.
- Paycheck Protection Program FAQ
- State and Regulatory Information
- NC Emergency Management Process
- BBB Tips on COVID-19
- News & Observer: All COVID-19 related resources
- NCDHHS: COVID-19 Information
- American Heart Association CEO Round Table
- NCDHHS: COVID-19 County Map
- Coronavirus Outbreak: What Real Estate Managers Need to Know
- IREM® Pandemic Guide for Real Estate Managers
Info to share with your residents:
- Current Stay at Home Ordinances in NC
- CDC: Recommendations for Residents
- CDC: What do you need to know?
- COVID-19 in the Apartment Community: How to Stay Safe
Operational Best Practices
Guidance on how to keep safe while keeping your business running during these challenging times.
- Rent Collection
- Resident Exposure
- Free Form for Rent Relief Requests
- Resident Engagement
- Off-Campus Student Housing
- Other Resources
Advocacy, Regulatory & Legal
Information on the federal, state and local laws and regulations in response to COVID-19.
Daily and weekly webinars updating you on a broad range of industry topics.
Economic & Impact Reports
Bi-weekly updates on economic forecasts and impacts of the coronavirus on the national economy.
Media & Media Coverage
How to handle media requests and coverage of NAA in the media.
- National Suppliers Council Directory
- Cintas Offering PPE Bulk Order for NAA Members
- Resources from NAA's Top Tier Supplier Partners
- Additional Resources from NAA's Supplier Partners