We will continue to update this page as information becomes available. Please check back frequently for new updates.
Please note, it is important to consult with your employer about specific prevention, containment,
and operational protocols. AANC is not a governing authority and no information provided should
be misconstrued as legal or operational advice.
Executive Order 195: Gov. Roy Cooper announced Wednesday, Feb. 24th that he is signing an executive order that will “ease but not lift” restrictions related to COVID-19 across the state. Cooper said Executive Order 195 was decided on “Given the significant and sustained improvement in our COVID-19 metrics.” The new order goes into effect at 5 pm on Friday, Feb. 26. Learn more here.
CDC Moratorium Extension: President Biden requested that the CDC extend the eviction moratorium until March 31, 2021. The CDC Director, Rochelle Walensky, put out a statement on 1/21/21 announcing the extension.
Rental Assistance: The extension of the CDC moratorium only heightens the importance of rental assistance in North Carolina. Currently, The HOPE Program, North Carolina’s statewide rental assistance program remains closed to new applicants. To date, the HOPE Program has assisted nearly 25,000 households. Over $62M thus far has been distributed for rental ($47.2 M) and utility ($14.8 M) assistance.
Revised CDC Declaration Form: The CDC has revised the Declaration form indicating the new expiration of the CDC declaration moratorium as of 1/31/21. Click here for Revised Form
THE LATEST FROM NAA
- Feb 24, 2021 Economic Impact Report
- CDC Guidance
- State and Regulatory information for NC: Details here.
North Carolina Coronavirus Hotline: 866-462-3821 - or you can call 211.
Text information/updates are also available. To sign up, text COVIDNC to 898211.
- State & Local Resident Assistance Programs
- North Carolina COVID-19 Resources for Renters Facing Eviction
- Assistance Resources: Provided by the NC DPS Division of Emergency Management.
- Paycheck Protection Program FAQ
- State and Regulatory Information
- NC Emergency Management Process
- BBB Tips on COVID-19
- News & Observer: All COVID-19 related resources
- NCDHHS: COVID-19 Information
- American Heart Association CEO Round Table
- NCDHHS: COVID-19 County Map
- Coronavirus Outbreak: What Real Estate Managers Need to Know
- IREM® Pandemic Guide for Real Estate Managers
Info to share with your residents:
- Current Stay at Home Ordinances in NC
- CDC: Recommendations for Residents
- CDC: What do you need to know?
- COVID-19 in the Apartment Community: How to Stay Safe
Best Practices for Virtual School Impact on Membership
Operational Best Practices
Guidance on how to keep safe while keeping your business running during these challenging times.
- Rent Collection
- Resident Exposure
- Free Form for Rent Relief Requests
- Resident Engagement
- Off-Campus Student Housing
- Other Resources
Advocacy, Regulatory & Legal
Information on the federal, state and local laws and regulations in response to COVID-19.
Daily and weekly webinars updating you on a broad range of industry topics.
Economic & Impact Reports
Bi-weekly updates on economic forecasts and impacts of the coronavirus on the national economy.
Media & Media Coverage
How to handle media requests and coverage of NAA in the media.
- National Suppliers Council Directory
- Cintas Offering PPE Bulk Order for NAA Members
- Resources from NAA's Top Tier Supplier Partners
- Additional Resources from NAA's Supplier Partners