We will continue to update this page as information becomes available. Please check back frequently for new updates.
Please note, it is important to consult with your employer about specific prevention, containment,
and operational protocols. AANC is not a governing authority and no information provided should
be misconstrued as legal or operational advice.
Please tell Congress that an eviction moratorium by itself will devastate the apartment
industry and does nothing to protect apartment communities and the 17.5 million
jobs supported by the industry. We MUST have a robust rental assistance program!
Chief Justice Cheri Beasley issued an order extending emergency directives in response to the COVID-19 pandemic. The order extends all unexpired Emergency Directives. Learn more here.
The CDC issued a nationwide order halting evictions for nonpayment of rent beginning Friday, September 4th. Set to expire December 31st, this order provides provisions for renters with annual income levels at or below $99,000 or $198,00 for dual income households. Learn more here.
Executive Order 163: Governor Cooper announced the state will move into Phase 2.5; effective until Oct. 2, 2020, at 5PM. The latest phase allows gyms, playgrounds and entertainment facilities to reopen with strict operational guidelines.
View guidlelines here.
Governor Cooper announced three programs designed to provide rental and utilities assistance for qualifying North Carolinians impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic. Learn more here.
HUD Awards $472 Million to Public Housing Authorities To Help Keep Residents Housed
Learn more here.
AANC FAQ: Eviction Moratorium & Liability
Click here for a resource to navigate the ending of the CARES Act Eviction Moratorium.
THE LATEST FROM NAA
- September 16, 2020 Economic Impact Report
- Best Practices for Virtual School Impact on Membership
- Latest Recorded Webinar
- We're Better Together: Released August 13, 2020.
- What To Do If Employees Test Positive for COVID-19: Released July 23, 2020.
- State and Regulatory information for NC: Details here.
- Latest Media Coverage
- September 20 - Bisnow - The Squeeze Is On Mom-And-Pop Landlords Like Never Before
- September 3 - Forbes - New Eviction Moratorium Leaves Landlords In Limbo
- September 2 - ConnectCRE Media - NMHC, NAA See More Harm than Good in Nationwide Eviction Moratorium
North Carolina Coronavirus Hotline: 866-462-3821 - or you can call 211.
Text information/updates are also available. To sign up, text COVIDNC to 898211.
- North Carolina COVID-19 Resources for Renters Facing Eviction
- Assistance Resources: Provided by the NC DPS Division of Emergency Management.
- Paycheck Protection Program FAQ
- State and Regulatory Information
- NC Emergency Management Process
- BBB Tips on COVID-19
- News & Observer: All COVID-19 related resources
- NCDHHS: COVID-19 Information
- American Heart Association CEO Round Table
- NCDHHS: COVID-19 County Map
- Coronavirus Outbreak: What Real Estate Managers Need to Know
- IREM® Pandemic Guide for Real Estate Managers
Info to share with your residents:
- Current Stay at Home Ordinances in NC
- CDC: Recommendations for Residents
- CDC: What do you need to know?
- COVID-19 in the Apartment Community: How to Stay Safe
Best Practices for Virtual School Impact on Membership
Operational Best Practices
Guidance on how to keep safe while keeping your business running during these challenging times.
- Rent Collection
- Resident Exposure
- Free Form for Rent Relief Requests
- Resident Engagement
- Off-Campus Student Housing
- Other Resources
Advocacy, Regulatory & Legal
Information on the federal, state and local laws and regulations in response to COVID-19.
Daily and weekly webinars updating you on a broad range of industry topics.
Economic & Impact Reports
Bi-weekly updates on economic forecasts and impacts of the coronavirus on the national economy.
Media & Media Coverage
How to handle media requests and coverage of NAA in the media.
- National Suppliers Council Directory
- Cintas Offering PPE Bulk Order for NAA Members
- Resources from NAA's Top Tier Supplier Partners
- Additional Resources from NAA's Supplier Partners