2023-2024 AANC Legislative Agenda
The five issue areas on AANC’s 2023-2024 legislative agenda are as follows:
- Enact legislation addressing housing affordability challenges through preemption of local government ordinances that create unfunded mandates.
- Work with industry partners to support or enact legislation to bring efficiency and consistency across local governments for zoning and plan approvals.
- Oppose efforts to dismantle the state’s background check laws as they pertain to previous rental history and safety.
- Enact legislation to reduce fraudulent requests for emotional support and service animal accommodations.
- Work with stakeholders to explore legislative solutions to address deliberate abuses of the judicial appeals process for summary ejectment cases, including but not limited to, proposals to address the current legal fee cap for summary ejectment appeals.