NAA 2020 Advocate: What You Need To Know Before You Go
Scheduling Your Meetings
Advocate happens just once a year where hundreds of NAA members storm the Hill to share the rental housing industry's key Federal priorities with Congress. If you are not in charge of coordinating meetings on the Hill, your local association captain will contact you with meeting schedules.
Additionally, NAA has provided the following resources:
- How to schedule a meeting
- Sample meeting request letters for the Senate and House
- A list of Congressional Schedulers
Tracking Your Meetings
NAA has updated the meeting reporting process to make it easier for you, the attendee. You no longer need to provide the time of a specific meeting or the number/names of attendees. Now you can easily access the Meeting Reporting Log to document and follow the status of your association's meetings.
Please remember to submit your scheduled meetings no later than Friday, March 6.
Download the NAA Advocacy 365 Mobile App
NAA has provided you with the Advocacy 365 Mobile App; this app is a great tool to quickly access information about the members of Congress you will meet with, as well as keep you headed in the right direction with maps and talking points for Lobby Day.
Lobby Day Issues
This year's legislative priorities center around housing affordability and making real progress on increasing supply and preventing adverse policies from taking hold. Click here to learn more about the 2020 issues.
Social Media with AANC
If you are attending Advocate, please share your photos with AANC!
- When posting on social media please be sure to include the hashtag #WeAreAANC.
- Please also email pictures with a brief caption to email@example.com to be featured on AANC Online.
Additional Way to Support the Industry
Another way you can support the interests of our industry is by donating to AANC PAC! Follow this link to learn more about AANC PAC and our legislative priorities.
- AANC Director of Government Affairs, Janae Moore, firstname.lastname@example.org
- NAA Manager Grassroots Advocacy, Peter Fromknecht, email@example.com